Festool RO Sanders

rainjer

Every forum has them. Woodworkingtalk, Lumberjocks, Sawmillcreek, etc.

I got kicked off Woodnet for it.

There are a lot of good woodworkers out there that can apply knowledge and many that ratain good and bad information but cant  apply it.

Two old members at Woodnet would live in the off topic forum and rarely came up to give information on a project. Both had 20k in posts.  If you argued with one the other stooge would follow and tag team you. They should have been Batman and Batgirl....

So let's call the main guy Batman... this guy ended up on other forums and had a good book smart game. He could quote information like a book. But I never in those years saw any work that applied these skills.

Another one is Jim Becker....

• 1 month later...

I have the 6” Bosch ROS65VC and it was my only ROS for about a year.   It’s a heavy sander IMO and would run a bit when I operated it with one hand, which tends to be my preference.  While I like the Bosch- it’s good for larger projects- it wouldn’t be my first choice in a ‘only one ROS’ scenario. 
Few weeks ago I determined my ‘want’ for a 5” ROS was close enough to a ‘need’.  Talked myself into giving Festool a try and went with their 125/3 model (the $200 model).  I’ve maybe used it for 5 hrs total so far but absolutely love it.    I’d like to demo the 150/5 Festool just to compare it to the 6” Bosch but think it’s probably best not to. 

• 3 months later...

FINALLY.... After looking at the recommendations in this thread I settled on the ROS65VC-5 but they have been back ordered. I was wanting a 5" sander because I had already bought several hundred 5" discs. The other day I got a notification they were back in stock on Amazon. When I went to buy it I discovered ROS65VC-6 was selling for $20 less. So I decided to order the 6" sander and a 5" replacement pad ($16) and some 6" sandpaper. I plan on putting the 5" pad on for most of the work I do and I can put the 6" one on when I need to sand bigger surfaces.

IMG_20210410_131354341.jpg

• Like 2