Roofing nailers

BillyJack

I bought a bostitch RN46-1 and it shingled and sided my shed quite well. I needed to shoot 1-3/4" nails for the siding and it shot them all home quite well.

I don't know why i bought it and didn't sell it.... I don't need a roofing nailer. I could probably sell it used for what I paid for it new 4 years ago.

I don't even know how old my Senco is, but it has always worked.  I don't expect to ever put another asphalt shingle on anything.  I'll send you the nailer, and you can send it back when you get finished with it.  I don't mind the shipping your way.  Shipping back should cost less than buying another one.  I might eventually need it for something, so hate to just give it away completely.

I bought a Metabo/Hitachi 2 years ago and have used it on 3 different buildings and a shed for roofing and siding.  No issues with it so far.  Pretty light weight and easy to carry all day.  The only thing I find "cheesy" about it is the plastic nail length selector inside the hopper/clip (w/e you want to call it).  It also comes with a 5 year warranty so there's that. 

On 10/24/2022 at 6:15 PM, Tom King said:

I don't even know how old my Senco is, but it has always worked.  I don't expect to ever put another asphalt shingle on anything.  I'll send you the nailer, and you can send it back when you get finished with it.  I don't mind the shipping your way.  Shipping back should cost less than buying another one.  I might eventually need it for something, so hate to just give it away completely.

Thx... I'm checking pawnshops, etc for nailers as time goes by. I've got to figure my roof and how much supplies I'll need. 

Always done 3 tab roofs. Timberline will be a new adventure..

Correct, if you can install one, the other works the same way.  You just don't have to be absolutely exact with your offset using Architectural shingles.  You don't want to trim any in place of the thicker ones, like you can with the three tab.  Also, depending on how steep the roof is, lacing valleys is not as easy with the thicker ones.

• 8 months later...