New Router Table Build...Beaded Inset

GlennL

So I pretty much finished the project less the air drive. I had to order some "Inlet Flow Valves" to control the air into the cylinder. I was trying to control the speed on the exhaust side with adjustable exhaust filters, but can't slow the feed rate enough.

So I just manually moved the fence, which is just as easy.

The results were really good!

Just ordered the 1 1/2" Notch Bit and 1/4" Beading Bit. I think the smaller profile will be better for cabinets. The 2" Notch and 3/8" Bead will be good for wainscoting.

Stiles with Bead.jpg

Beaded Inset Notch Setup.jpg

Setup for Bead Profile.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 12:33 PM, BillyJack said:

Most shops don’t do it anymore and just apply bead. I do applied bead to doors..

Beaded Inset is an expensive option!!! Having the bead integrated into the face frames is very clean. Having to cut bead, glue and pin nail to the face frames is a lot of work.

On 11/14/2022 at 11:38 AM, GlennL said:

Beaded Inset is an expensive option!!! Having the bead integrated into the face frames is very clean. Having to cut bead, glue and pin nail to the face frames is a lot of work.

Are you setting up a shop for business or just want the option for yourself?

On 11/14/2022 at 1:19 PM, BillyJack said:

Are you setting up a shop for business or just want the option for yourself?

I'm doing this for custom jobs, and myself. I'm also a dealer for a high end cabinet company, so that's mostly design and install. My custom stuff is usually pantries and closets, where they don't want to spend the big dollars on those areas.

I'll be building a new home in NC next year and will be doing all the interior finish. Planning to build all the cabinets as well. I'll buy an unfinished Stanisci hood as they're a lot of work to build!!!! I've had great results finishing with SW Kem Aqua Plus, it's excellent when sprayed with an HVLP system. It's water based, and dries in 20 mins to sand, so there's no wait time. Stuff is really durable. Can't say enough good about it.

I remodeled my kitchen a couple years ago, the cabinets were purchased at cost...they're beautiful, but still expensive. Beaded Inset is a 20% upcharge,alone, then another 15% for paint and glazing. So having this new setup will save me a boat load of $$$$$.

It'll be nice to have this as an option to offer on my stuff!!!!

Kitchen View 1.JPG

Kitchen View 2.jpg

• Like 2

I like a .25" bead and a .062" quirk for cabinets. The 1/4" kreg bead is .250" including the quirk.  I posted on the other site about the 1.5" bit. You can use that bit to make any width using 2 or more passes. Ideally with a spacer allowing perfect repeatability. 

5/16 to 3/8 is pretty standard for casing, it should work well for wainscoting. 

On 11/14/2022 at 1:29 PM, GlennL said:

I'm doing this for custom jobs, and myself. I'm also a dealer for a high end cabinet company, so that's mostly design and install. My custom stuff is usually pantries and closets, where they don't want to spend the big dollars on those areas.

I'll be building a new home in NC next year and will be doing all the interior finish. Planning to build all the cabinets as well. I'll buy an unfinished Stanisci hood as they're a lot of work to build!!!! I've had great results finishing with SW Kem Aqua Plus, it's excellent when sprayed with an HVLP system. It's water based, and dries in 20 mins to sand, so there's no wait time. Stuff is really durable. Can't say enough good about it.

I remodeled my kitchen a couple years ago, the cabinets were purchased at cost...they're beautiful, but still expensive. Beaded Inset is a 20% upcharge,alone, then another 15% for paint and glazing. So having this new setup will save me a boat load of $$$$$.

It'll be nice to have this as an option to offer on my stuff!!!!

Kitchen View 1.JPG

Kitchen View 2.jpg

Nothing wrong with getting what you want. My cabinet days are over..

On 11/14/2022 at 2:45 PM, Jar944 said:

I like a .25" bead and a .062" quirk for cabinets. The 1/4" kreg bead is .250" including the quirk.  I posted on the other site about the 1.5" bit. You can use that bit to make any width using 2 or more passes. Ideally with a spacer allowing perfect repeatability. 

5/16 to 3/8 is pretty standard for casing, it should work well for wainscoting. 

That is a really slick setup!!!!!!!