Fixing this Griot's G9 polisher

bradleyheathhays

I have a Griot's G9 Random Orbital Polisher I got off ebay a few months back and didn't actually plug it in til this week.  Turns out it doesn't give any indication of wanting to work at all.  Motor brushes seem to be ok and I have no idea what to look for next.

Any advice on what to check next on this thing to get it running again?

PlbZI9o.jpg

• Like 1

Small tools like that often suffer switch failure. If you have an ohm meter, connect it across the blades of the power plug and operate the switch to see if you get any change in resistance (put the brushes in first). There may also be an open connection in the internal wiring, but you will need to open the case to do point to point tests.

After this last round of testing I'm guessing this switch is actually working like it should.  The black and blue wires share the same terminal.  When the switch is off the left white and black wires show no connectivity, but when on they do.  Since this is reaching the edge of my electrical / motor construction experience I'm thinking I'd be better off just getting another one rather than having to be hand held through more testing.

Maybe only available in China.  Did you leave a review on ebay?  If not, contact the seller and tell them that you will leave a bad review if they don't refund your money.

edited to add:  Or at least contact these people:     https://www.griotsgarage.com/?code=PPC04&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqOucBhDrARIsAPCQL1bEVvKLjq9FjnniBBAFe8tVtaGlV-8lAn8lY-Mk-TgXj_tZWThcr8IaAuTCEALw_wcB