Does your shop have a "living room"?

bois

My living room is constantly getting sold away.....first it was all my automotive tools I no longer used....that living room was sold off.....then it was my table saw....that living room was sold off....now it is the drill press....that living room will soon be sold off....I have many living rooms....soon I hope to have none

Curious, of all those living rooms, I wonder how many of them were bought prior to a real need? What I mean is, are we buying based on the fact that most work shops have a band saw for example, so we buy one and end up never using it...? Hmmm

Dave

Interesting point, I just picked up a bunch of old growth redwood that is rough sawn and now I'm in the market for a planer. Always wanted one, but never had a project to justify it ....

For me it's my lathe. The interesting thing about this post is seeing how different many of us work, for instance you would have to shoot me to get my TS, RAS, or router table but others are probably throwing their hands in the air when I say it's my lathe. Just kind cool how a lot of us work so differently.

Nate

In my shop, the router table is used on every project. But the lathe, on the other hand, is totally under-utilized. And no, its not up for sale. ;)

Do people actually still look for formal living rooms? Seems like a dated concept for a modern family lifestyle.

I am in the process of turning mine into a Library. The TV/Family room is going to basically be the Media Room, and the Living Room will be the Library, aka The Quiet room. It will still have some nice furniture and a coffee table should the house accidentally enter a time vortex and travel back to 1950 so we can have people over for tea.

I'd love to, but the three guys I know who have a boat keep telling me it's a hole in the water to throw money into...

still would love to.... not in the budget... have a few woodworking tools to get first...