Delta 50-760 dust collector, trying to find a canister filter

I have an older Delta 50-760 dust collector and want to change over from a bag filter to a canister filter. You can find Delta canister filters but, not the right flange lip diameter ( I'm not sure I'm using the right terminology) all the delta filters have a larger diameter then my 15 3/4" diameter. I found a YouTube video of a guy that made a Wynn canister filter work on a 50-760 I looked at the Wynn web sight and the Wynn filter doesn't have the flapper handle thingy for cleaning the filter flutes. Anyway my question is has anyone have a solution for my dilemma, I've thought about making a wooden ring that fits over my existing flange O.D and has a bigger O.D that would work for a bigger diameter canister filter or, make the wooden ring fit my I.D and reduces for a smaller canister filter, here is a photo of my DC

shop32.thumb.jpg.239b185e5a3c5ca6ae48e965d3dc4e49.jpg

I would be interested for anyone's thoughts on this. Thanks

I will be following this thread.  I have an even older Delta dust collector but with a similar "dust popper" bag mounted to the side, similar to this one I found on googlez imagez:

The future canister on mine will have its "input" on the top, not bottom; I was just planning on carrying the filter to the back yard once every six months or so, and clean it by blasting the outside with a leaf blower.  

While searching for the above/below image, I ran across this thing at HD:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/reviews/Delta-2-Micron-Canister-for-50-850-Dust-Collector-Accessory-50-750/205112233/1

...which kind've looks like what you're looking for, but its for a Delta 50-850, maybe the wrong size as you mentioned above.  A plywood reducing ring would be easy enough to make (I've seen some pretty clever mods like this for the inexpensive Harbour Freight dust collector, but my old Delta still works and I'd just as soon use that if I can figure it out.)

Good luck!  

Delta.jpg

• Like 1