Talking cabinets in 2025

My uncle and his wife put in a new kitchen in their home in quartersawn white oak. 

To try and save a buck, they hired my cousin to do the job. He's from a town of 500 in rural Nebraska. 

Two years and tens of thousands of dollars later and they ended up having to hire a pro to come in and fix the many mistakes. 

But the final results are pretty stunning. These are the only pics i have, hopefully they will wet your appetite. 

IMG_20230528_141216503_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230528_141302112_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230528_141239117_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230528_141232869_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

I’m lucky I installed my own floors and finished them. I can’t adjust tye size as my hardwoods outline tye cabinets, so I’m looking to upgrade a 1999 set to 2025. Im thinking a lot of gizmos behind the doors, lights and frost light upper glass doors..

Cabinets are cabinets, this  is more of a design issue..

If I didn’t have to pay a cabinet maker, what would I do? That is the question..

If I want clean lines, I don’t want hardware showing

• Like 1

When most people think new cabinets they think new appliances, paint, tile counter tops, etc. Why most refinance and go for broke on a new kitchen..I hoping stayin* with 1/4 oak I’ll be able to keep my tile wit( a new top and cabinets. I’ve got to go to the sold surface guy and get a clue on tops, plus the sink and faucets..

• Like 1