Jig Storage

oldman_pottering

How do you guys store your jigs ?

I have a few home made jigs which mainly just get stuck wherever they can ( they are NOT pieces to be proud of) but recently I bought an Incra Miter Express which generally lives on the TS but at times needs to be removed and it basically just gets leant against the bottom of the TS but I would prefer to find a better option.

For a while I was just stacking them up on a cheap plastic shelving unit I had, but the jig I needed was always on the bottom of the stack. So I am in the process of installing some metal shelf tracks and brackets so I can have a lot of short height but deep shelves to store my jigs, templates, and miter gauges.

Right now I just have some old pine boards as the shelves while I figure out what width, depth, and height I’ll want for each of the shelves.

I do like how others have hung theirs on the wall from a peg or custom hanger, but I don’t have much wall space available so horizontal storage is best for me. 

Thanks for all the ideas, I do currently have a french cleat 'system' and think a re organise is the way to go. I didn't want to drill holes in the Incra sled and cutoff panel but maybe it's what i need.

This is the $hit show I'm dealing with at the moment. Keep in mind my shed is not a dedicated woodwork area though 

PXL_20231228_201201667.jpg

PXL_20231228_201208941.jpg

PXL_20231228_201220017.jpg

On 12/28/2023 at 3:21 PM, oldman_pottering said:

Thanks for all the ideas, I do currently have a french cleat 'system' and think a re organise is the way to go. I didn't want to drill holes in the Incra sled and cutoff panel but maybe it's what i need.

This is the $hit show I'm dealing with at the moment. Keep in mind my shed is not a dedicated woodwork area though 

Looks familiar :-)

For my sleds, I usually drill two 3/4" holes in the corners on one side of the sled and then use french cleats holders similar to what legenddc posted above to store them. If you didn't want to drill holes in the sled, you could probably make some sort of j-shaped holder that hangs from the cleats and holds the sled from below.

On 12/29/2023 at 8:24 AM, Von said:

Looks familiar :-)

For my sleds, I usually drill two 3/4" holes in the corners on one side of the sled and then use french cleats holders similar to what legenddc posted above to store them. 

was thinking of doing the same, the sled and the little cutoff panel will need holes in them, I guess its not a big deal