self centering dowel jig

ediazf

Hi guys, I bought one of this self%20centering%20doweling%20jig%20with%20bushings.jpg kind of dowel jig, and it doesn't work as expected. The center black column would move while drilling, in fact, while the bit starts to enter the wood. That result in the faces not to get as nearly as flush as expected. I figured how the jig worked (super easy xD), so I tried tightening the middle screw, playing with it but never got it perfect... It is working better though.

If anyone have any experience or maybe another method to better this jig, please help me :)

Hi guys, I bought one of this self%20centering%20doweling%20jig%20with%20bushings.jpg kind of dowel jig, and it doesn't work as expected. The center black column would move while drilling, in fact, while the bit starts to enter the wood. That result in the faces not to get as nearly as flush as expected. I figured how the jig worked (super easy xD), so I tried tightening the middle screw, playing with it but never got it perfect... It is working better though.

If anyone have any experience or maybe another method to better this jig, please help me :)

I've never had any troubles with that jig. Perhaps yours is defective?

I've never had any troubles with that jig. Perhaps yours is defective?

I the most probable option xD. I was just wondering if somebody else had some issues and may worked it out to work well..

anyways, I am from chile, and the jig took like 4 weeks to get here, am not even considering buying another one.