Reading Recommendations

DeanJackson

I would add Jewitt's books, although I find there to be some redundancy with Flexner. They are sort of like the Coke and Pepsi of the finishing world. :)

But if you like Dr. Pepper, try Dresdner. He takes a bit of a different approach in his writing style so you might enjoy his take.

I would add Jewitt's books, although I find there to be some redundancy with Flexner. They are sort of like the Coke and Pepsi of the finishing world. :)

But if you like Dr. Pepper, try Dresdner. He takes a bit of a different approach in his writing style so you might enjoy his take.

Everyone loves Dr. Pepper.

That said, if you were going to grab one of Jewitt's books, which one?

I have Jewitt's "Great Wood Finishes" book and like it. First part is a basic finishing book; near the end are some recipes and step-by-steps to recreate some nice finishes. Even if you don't use the specific finishes listed, seeing the techniques involved at each step is useful.

Michael Dresdner's "Wood Finishing Fixes" is also pretty good; almost like a 175 entry FAQ on finishing. Easy read, some good tips.

• Like 1