Gravity or siphon?

oldgrowth

Hi all! I have a nice HVLP set up but I am looking to start spraying water born finishes and I plan

on doing so with a new gun. My dilemma is should I buy the the gravity feed cup or the siphon cup?

I am not sure of the advantages of the gravity fed one as I have only used the siphon cup versions, any

help in this would be great, Thanks!

Both of my guns are siphon feed. One advantage is that they stand on their own; you don't need a stand. I've never used a gravity feed so I won't comment on them. I suspect that the balance will be different.

All my guns are either clip or chamber fed. B)

Hi all! I have a nice HVLP set up but I am looking to start spraying water born finishes and I plan

on doing so with a new gun. My dilemma is should I buy the the gravity feed cup or the siphon cup?

I am not sure of the advantages of the gravity fed one as I have only used the siphon cup versions, any

help in this would be great, Thanks!

I've never sprayed with a gravity style, but I've used a siphon and also using a pressure pot. Highly recommend the latter. Not having the cup on the gun means that you can spray in all directions without worrying about the cup being upside down. May seem like a silly thing, but if you ever have to spray inside a cabinet, you will be thankful.

Thanks guy's, good one Vic ;-0

I have never used a gravity fed gun and now that I have a choice I wondered if there is any advantages?

I have seen them a lot in the automotive industry and with some pro finishers any one who has one, what do like about it?