Hello I am from San Jose, Ca

chicks82

Hello everyone,

My name is Charles Hicks and I have been working in the construction field now for about 9 years on and off. I do mostly finish work but can do it all. I love to work in my shop and I tend to do the jobs that most other companies won't touch with a 10' pole. I am 4th generation, yep my dad taught me :). I look forward to getting to know the people in this community. I am also looking to learn and also pass on the knowledge I have gained.

Along with loving to work with wood I also play with metal and many other things :) I also program both iOS apps and Android apps. I just love to create stuff what can I say :)

Hi Charles

Welcome to Wood Talk Online , glad you join the rest of us knotheads . Look forward to learning from your years of finish carpentry experience . Where about on this big rock are you ? Check out the live chat and live web cams , they can be pretty interesting at times .

Regards

Jerry

Hey Charles,

My reply got lost in the forum upgrade... so here's another. First off, welcome to the community, I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it. I live in Oakland and work at Google in Mountain View. I'm into building furniture and am slowly building my skills and dream of building a Gamble House inspired Dining Table. I have a blog at http://www.bltww.com/ which has been neglected in the last month due to a 3-way combo of Vacation, Work, and getting Engaged.

Welcome,

So, 4th generation carpenter? That's impressive! Must be great to have the opportunity to learn the work from your dad and grand dad (and maybe more?).

I learned recently that my great-grand father was a carpenter too. too bad that's a bit too far in the past for me.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I am from San Jose, California.

Konkers I don't know if you have a shop or not but i am moving mine this weekend and when i get it up and running i will let ya know if you want to come and check it out.

If there is one thing I have learned in my training is thats it's never over and there is always someone who knows more or is better than you. This knowledge alone was worth all the running around and picking up scraps haha.

I have been on the live chat a few times and you guys have answered a few of my questions. I am Chicks82 on chat so we might have chatted already, If not I am sure we will. I am currently working on moving my shop and finishing out a 3 story house up in Kneeland, Ca. Which is about 2hrs south of the Oregon border. I will post some images of the exterior which we finished about a month or so ago. Actually for now I will just post a link to an album I have up now so that you all can see it and I don't have to edit all the images to be able to upload them to the forums haha. Here is the link http://tinyurl.com/kneeland-job.

Again thank you for the warm welcome and i do look forward to contributing to and being contributed to.

• 2 months later...