Bowl Turning 101 Video links

Roger T

Morning all,

Well we got lucky last night with the UStream glitch. Both videos got saved thankfully. Please be patient at the beginning of Part 2, as we were recovering from the glitch, and there is a few minutes of dead air.

Thanks for everyones participation.

Roger

Part 1

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17839734

Part 2

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17841690

Very happy to hear that the first video saved! This was a great presentation with a lot of very sound advice given in it! I know I learned quite a bit last night! Thank you Roger, and very well done! Also a big thank you to TimV and Derek who did a fantastic job helping Roger out!

yaye for roger ya it was great cant wait for the next post

roger this morning my boss came over for a meeting and mentioned that she saw some stuff that was turned and wanted to know why we dont do that. I said we dont have a lathe and she said she would get us some. awsome right!

Scott,

Thanks! For the life of me, I had a vapor lock on the Tension wood. My mind was racing trying to get all the information conveyed. I got my smock at/from The American Assoc. of Woodturners. They dont offer the blue ones anymore I believe, but have a tan/khaki one now, with the anniversary logo on the breast. Real nice smock, 2 pockets in the rear, and a covered pocket on the left breast. Very lightweight and breathable nylon.

Are you an AAW member? If not, please consider joining, the cost of membership is worth it just for their magazine alone. And by joining, you get access to all the past journals, plus much more.

Roger

I guessed that's where you got it from. I feel like it is the best one out there and wondered how you like it. I wanted to buy it from there, but felt silly sporting their gear and not being a member. Maybe I will look into joining.

I find it odd that I can't find that smock anywhere else on the web.