Air Compressor

adkinsjd

Lowes has a deal on this compressor. Will 2 gallons and 100psi be enough? I am just starting out doing mostly small projects right now. Ultimately I want to start making cabinents and furniture pieces. It seems like a decent deal, but i'm worried it is too small of a unit long term. Any thoughts/suggestions?

http://www.lowes.com...r_Compresor_Buy

Thanks!

What are you wanting to use it for? Brad nailers & Staplers? Should be fine for small to medium pieces or some trim work.

I don't think I would consider it for any type spray finishing. I have a PC 3HP 4 gallon pancake that barely kept up with my conversion HVLP gun, then ended up going to a Fuji Turbine system.

Cheap oil less compressors are disposable junk. I'd get a much better quality unit so you don't have to buy a new one every year or more. If you're not spraying then a 2g is plenty for small nailers but that unit is just plain junk. Look at the Emglo or the Dewalt oil type compressors. FYI the Dewalt is Emglo so you pay an extra couple hundred bucks for the yellow paint and sticker.

Don

I would agree with dwacker based on those I know with the cheep compressors and basically came to the same conclusion. I've owned a 4 gal Emglo for years and it has worked flawlessly. I think I paid about $250 for it maybe 18 years ago (it was mainly unused for about 10 of those years). It's a contractor grade unit unlike some of the inexpensive consumer grade.