Frombys tung oil or boiled linseed oil?

Nick2cd

I want a finish that is easy to apply and brings out the woods natural color. A slight amber hue would be ok. So which oil is the best to use for this situation? By the way, this is for a countertop wine rack project and the woods used are walnut and ambrosia maple with some nice spalted areas.

Im really not sure what the Formbys stuff really is but it doesnt smell like a traditional tung finish. If your looking to try a traditional finish already mixed ready to use, try the Sam Maloof from rockler. I'm fond of just a coat of BLO and the General arm r seal but the Maloof 1/3 1/3 1/3 is a great finish that is real easy.

Don

Formby's Tung Oil Finish is a wiping varnish.

More specifically its Product Class designation is a Modified Soya Tung Oil Alkyd Resin Finish diluted with70% Mineral Spirits.

IOW, it is an oil varnish made with a blend of oils, modified soya oil and tung oil, and an alkyd resin (not a polyurethane fortified alkyd resin).

Formby's Tung Oil Finish is a wiping varnish.

More specifically its Product Class designation is a Modified Soya Tung Oil Alkyd Resin Finish diluted with70% Mineral Spirits.

IOW, it is an oil varnish made with a blend of oils, modified soya oil and tung oil, and an alkyd resin (not a polyurethane fortified alkyd resin).

Whoa I just had a nauseating flashback of benzene rings and a 12 pound organic chem book.