DC, Eureka!

davestanton

Have been toying with the idea of a DC in a few months time and finally it hit me what might be a cracker idea. Probably everyone else already does this, but I like to think about things and surprise myself.

Here it is. I am thinking about putting my 1600 CF unit outside the shop, but still protected from the elements. I will fit a flexible 6 inch hose to the exhaust port and rest it on a couple of j brackets during summer. During winter I will turn it 90 degrees in a long sweep back through the wall to a 1 micron filter with paddles.

the big rubber made sheds they have work realy well to protect stuff like that you can set it right up against the shope cut your hole's and hook up your machines. they are prity water proof and small and light enough that you can build and move it around prity easily. surprisly sturdy if you buy a decent one. dont know how big a 1600 cf unit is but i saw a shop that the guy but a clear view cyclone in his shed locked it up and had some big 55 gal drums siting outside the shed that his dust emptied into. hardly ever had to go into his shed just hooked up 2 55 gal drums that he would swap out and empty every few days. then he stored some other stuff like some odd lumber, garden tools ect on the rest of the space in the shed.

Hi Duck. I already have a space that is under roof, but outside the shop area, but the rubbermaid stuff sounds interesting. 1600 CF means cubic feet per minute. It is a 2 horse dc and will have a thein separator or similar pre DC.

I live in a rural area so the dust will just blow into the surrounding bushland. I wanted a system that could work well in winter so I don't lose heat from the shop with all the filtered air retuning to the shop and then during summer, the opposite to remove air from the shop and open a window on the cooler shaded side.