People woodworking for a living, this is why it's hard to find clients.

Custom made seems a little shady to me. I have spoke to one of their clients which is close to me but i didn't know it and he is not happy(will not be re-newing the membership). I have inquired to several of their members with no responses. My inquiries were simple but to the point asking whether or not the relationship with custom made seemed worthwhile in their opinion. I made a point to ask both local and all across the united states so i could form a true opinion. What can you say when more than 15 people don't even respond? Why would you want a shop like this bringing your whole standard down? I wonder if they are aware but then i'm sure they are if i was one of those customers i know i would have shared a few colorful words with them. A guy from this forum stated a while back that he was going to start using them but never followed up to post about his review and opinion of custom made.

Cessna's right but look at the Bird's Eye Side Table... a crime to slaughter that wood that way. Every shot has a closeup (no zoom necessary) of a huge burn mark, rickety dovetails. Guess they don't have a bandsaw to resaw drawer side stock or they really think that tiny drawer needs 3/4->7/8" thick sides.

I'm going to clean my monitor now that it displayed that...

Custom made seems a little shady to me. I have spoke to one of their clients which is close to me but i didn't know it and he is not happy(will not be re-newing the membership). I have inquired to several of their members with no responses. My inquiries were simple but to the point asking whether or not the relationship with custom made seemed worthwhile in their opinion. I made a point to ask both local and all across the united states so i could form a true opinion. What can you say when more than 15 people don't even respond? Why would you want a shop like this bringing your whole standard down? I wonder if they are aware but then i'm sure they are if i was one of those customers i know i would have shared a few colorful words with them. A guy from this forum stated a while back that he was going to start using them but never followed up to post about his review and opinion of custom made.

You can't really blame Custommade for this, at least they're pro-actively weeding out people like this from the system and educating people on who to go with(with the reviews) The prices have also dropped over the years so it's much easier for anyone to signup and make their own opinion.

Well at this point, I would hope anyone purchasing or commissioning pieces from on CustomMade is smart enough to read the reviews and ratings.

You would think so but I in general consumers are vastly undereducated about custom built stuff. It's hard to trust people especially when you're buying something that usually takes time to complete and cost a good amount of money.