Another new signup...

wharyat

Hey all,

Just signed up today!

I'm a weekend and sometimes after work woodworker and have really started to fall in love with the hobby over the last year. I've been doing it for a couple years with SPF dimensional lumber but just recently started in on hardwoods after I picked up my first jointer. I'm just about finished with my first piece of "real" furniture, a semi-shaker style hall table, inspired by Marc's "Modern Hall Table," I'll have to throw up some pics when I get it done.

After I first found TWW and started poring through all the episodes, I really started to like the hybrid approach; I never really realized how much can be done with hand tools and the satisfaction they give. I've started to build up a collection and noticed I'm missing the bench. ;) I remember a mention of the roubo guild build on one of the videos, did a little research on the design, and knew I had to sign up for the guild.

It will be a couple weeks before I can source the materials for the build; a ton of wood, (well more like a 1/3 ton :D) and that bench crafted hardware looks awesome, albeit it spendy. This will (most likely) be the first and last bench I ever build so I'm jumping in with both feet. :)

Thanks to Marc for providing such a great resource on the free site and in the guild, you've really inspired me to focus on this great hobby and find out how rewarding it can be. :)

~Vince