Opinions of possible Shop Layout

MIKWoodworking

Still looking the plan over, but the first thing that stood out to me is that the distance behind the table saw is too little. Looks to be @5'. IMO you should have closer to 10'. In my shop I commonly run 8-10' stock through the saw. Youll need to have the length of the longest stock you'll be working with plus an extra foot (minimum) on each end....

What if you turned the saw 90 degrees, omitted both work benches and the clamping table, combined the outfeed table and assembly table but made it longer so that the one table could serve all purposes? When things get tight at my place that's the setup I use and it works pretty well. I like being able to have access to 3 sides of the work bench and it's wide enough to accommodate multiple projects at the same time. I think mine is roughly 3' x 7'.. Although a 4x8 would be nice :)

It's nice to have dedicated spots for each task, but sometimes room forces multiple uses for an area... I'll keep looking at it...

My general rule of thumb is that any tool that you pass material through (table saw, planer, jointer, etc) need to have a minimum of 8' behind, and in front of the tool (and that's assuming that you'll never need to work with material longer than 8') Another thing to keep in mind is work flow (making sure people can work, move from one station to the next while carrying their project without bumping into one another.) Typically 5-6' walkways.. It's a little different if you're working by yourself, but added bodies tend to fill space very quickly..

I'm sure you've thought all this through, and I'm taking stabs in the dark without knowing for sure how the classes are structured or what's kind of projects you'll be doing... Just throwing initial impressions out there :) Would be curious to find out a little more!!

The Obstacles are in the other part of the basement, like the water heater

Heater schmeter....throw it out!!! "Honey....I made a change in the basement...it will save us money"

On the outfeed, it looks like you have about 10 or 11 feet from the TS to the wall and the infeed can go over the #6 clamping table.. Probably plenty of room on both ends.