decent priced lumber

duckkisser

These are probably mill outs so I would see if you can get a feel for the width and length. You may get an answer like random width and length but they should be able to give you an average. My fear is that you get only moulding off cuts since they are S1S and E1E. You may end up with a lot of sap wood, waned edge, narrow strips. Generally a surface and edge rip is the first step before running through a moulder and either creating an S4S board or a moulded product. If it is not this kind of material then jump on it.

the lumber is strait from a small mill. went to the guy to get prices to see if i can convice my bosses to buy there instead of menards. he said that if i give him a few days he would put together a pallet of off cuts, trim, short lengths and widths. odd ball wood like he has 2 boards of ash that he cant do anything with that he would sell to me to clear out his space for lumber he can sell. the lumber i have goten from him has always been top quality even the junk he donated to the shop. going to sell me mostly stuff like ash, cherry, walnut, Pine, hickory, locus, poplar ect.....only bad thing is he is strictly a air dryer. but for the stuff we make in the classroom it does not matter much. he offered to give me the split section of his logs since he usualy just burns them. i think i might get a chain saw and get bowl blanks out of em. or pay him a fee to cut them into blanks for me.