Phila / South Jersey Area

JerrySats

• 2 months later...

Just a couple off the top of my head, Mr Roberts over in Barrington NJ and Delaware County Supply in Boothwyn Pa are a few .

I actually live about a mile from Mr. Roberts lumber and would recommend them. You can pick through piles to your heart's delight. They have an annual sale during the month of January where they drop prices around %25. That's the time to load up!

I actually live about a mile from Mr. Roberts lumber and would recommend them. You can pick through piles to your heart's delight. They have an annual sale during the month of January where they drop prices around %25. That's the time to load up!

I was reading your blog ,which I don't usually do much ( read blogs that is ) and found it pretty funny( I like the Shop too). I wish you did a video of when the appraiser came out , I would have like to seen the expression on their face. I like the audio part of your blog , I can listen and do something else , I feel like I can get work done and still play on the interwebs ,best of both worlds. Kinda like listening to the radio. ;)

You haven't posted lately , I take it you must be busy with your new career . Speaking of which , how's it going ?

BTW I found a new place for wood ,for those not familiar with Exotic Lumber B) down in MD . It's worth the drive at least once or maybe twice . That wonderful lumber smell hits you as soon as you walk through the doors . If you do go allow plenty of time to wander around , before you know they'll be kicking you out . Actually I think it would be nice to be stuck in there for a night . :D

I was reading your blog ,which I don't usually do much ( read blogs that is ) and found it pretty funny( I like the Shop too). I wish you did a video of when the appraiser came out , I would have like to seen the expression on their face. I like the audio part of your blog , I can listen and do something else , I feel like I can get work done and still play on the interwebs ,best of both worlds. Kinda like listening to the radio. ;)

You haven't posted lately , I take it you must be busy with your new career . Speaking of which , how's it going ?

Thanks for the kind words Jerry. I enjoyed adding the audio... it wasn't until I read my words out loud that I realized just how silly my posts are... it's hard for me not to laugh as internally I hear myself saying "dude, that's just stupid" for the duration of the read.

Yeah, haven't posted in a while... kind of lost my mojo with some physical issues (if they ever make a sequel to "Unbreakable" named "Breakable" I'm starring in it)... I do have a bunch of posts ready to be finished off and posted so it's probably time to get back to it...

Ohhh, and I ended up having to get another appraisal but both guys were the same... mouths agape... and repeating "this is sooo cool" over and over... you can tell that they don't come across too many homes outfitted with tools and benches in rooms like the kitchen, dining room, etc... whenever I have to sell I will be crying though... lol... ahhhh... living in the moment... ;-]

• 3 months later...

I'm living now in Allentown. PA. I'm originally from Holland, awaiting my green card for the USA.

Last year I married my penfriend from the 60s. My interests are furniture, and the house needs some. I'm also doing repairs around the house out of need. But I like to work with wood.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm game for a get together but I think we can do one better. We should pick out a piece of furniture that we can build as a collaborative effort. If we have the plans and the materials list put together before we meet then I think it would be pretty cool to meet at a lumber yard and pick out the wood as a group and figure out a way to divy out the work utilizing eachothers different attributes and woodworking tools. This would be a pretty big undertaking but if people are interested then I would be happy to help develop the idea!

I completely agree with you that we should donate what ever we decide to build. So.you say you've been turning for 3 years and you think the only way you'll be able to contribute is to sand? We will just have to make sure whatever piece of furniture we decide to build will ha e some sort of turning incorporated!

My situation is that I get about 2-3 hours of shop time per week. Maybe a bit more lately, but not by much. A few months ago, I decided to revamp the entire shop. I'm still taking stuff out of the boxes and going through assembly instructions. Between wife, kids (with their school and after school schedule), work, playing handyman, and a few other unnecessary hobbies (drums and aquariums), there is very little time left to deal with the honey-do list. Perhaps that will change at some point . . . only item that might change is the work part though :)

That being said if everyone willing to meet would post their regular schedule, that would help settle on a date/time/location.

My week-days are rather flexible since I work from home, from morning until about 2pm when I get ready to get kids from school. Then I'm caught with homework and after-school deals. Saturday mornings are blocked by kids swimming (and this coming Saturday is blocked by some kids museum visit). So Saturday afternoons and Sundays are fair game. So there is my story.

As far as location, I hate to drive more than 30 minutes but will do it for a good cause.

Anyone else?

cheers,

wm_crash, the friendly hooligan