today i learned that....

likeke511

i had 14 wistles that i was making break one after another.....nothing in particular that i was doing each time was something different. tiny crack in the wood that i didnt see, cut the window the wrong way on two, while drilling the hole for the mouth piece the wood broke, had piece while turning catch and break ect..... had to take a break because i was very frustraited.

Was making a centre stile, routed the end grain on one side and took it off for a check. Everything was good, so I put back on the router table and routed the other end. Too late I realized that I put the wrong face down the second time. Totally ruined it. D'oh!

Made a picnic table with the legs to close together. Set my coffee cup down and was getting ready for a nice reading session on a beautiful morning when I sat down at the end and the whole thing flipped up on me. Didn't like that mug anyway!!

Wow, and I thought I had big mugs...

Yesterday I bored some holes for the 7/8" dowel that I picked up before actually measuring the dowel to find it was more like 53/64. I was not pleased with myself or the dowel manufacturer. Went back and checked every stick they had in stock...every one was small by 1/32 to 1/8! Unbelievable.