girlfriends in the shop

Mqutkingdom

Ha!! I live in the country. The world is my urinal!!! Of course, I DO have a bathroom, too. I just prefer the great outdoors!

Paul_Marcel: save water, put the sink back where it belongs and "go" outside. No flushing or rinsing needed. Cuts the water bill. Saves treatment plant costs, etc.

my girl friend visits me in the shop and gets in my way. hey you have the same problem hit he up with a responce.

Here's your responce(sic):

Learn something about grammar, spelling and punctuation(i.e. grammar-school English, maybe you missed out?) and maybe someday people will take you seriously and might even be able to understand what you're trying to say.

At least figure out how to turn on the spell-checker in your browser.

• Like 1

I like it when my wife comes to the shop. If it weren't so cramped, I think she would spend more time with me. She's a mechanical engineer, and she's pretty sharp, so she actually helps me out quite a bit. She does complain that I spend more time building shop stuff than I do actual furniture. I can't convince her that I'll be able to build much better furniture if I have all my shop stuff built.

It appears that women shouldn't be in the shop or on this forum. Not exactly a friendly welcome. Actually I am working on a college paper on male behaviors. You were all quite predictable.

Seems there was only one gentleman in this group who actually acknowledged one of my posts. To him, a salute. One gentleman in this group was actually more than I expected.

SQ

I don't think it's the fact that they're women, it's the fact that there's someone distracting them. I'm not the biggest fan of my wife showing up in the shop door because she frequently shows up when I'm running something through the table saw or chop saw. Having someone try to get your attention when you've got your hand 6 inches from a spinning blade isn't the safest thing ever.

• 2 weeks later...

HA! That would be OK. With understanding comes an Oscillating Spindle Sander, lathe and a new drill press :D

d

A spouse can be a wonderful addition to the shop. My dear husband not only bought the Wynn cartridge for our dust collector and installed it, but also make me a downdraft box, a cut off sled for my cutting boards, and piped the dust collection system to my scroll saw. I just wish I could get him in the shop more often. :)

SQ

d

A spouse can be a wonderful addition to the shop. My dear husband not only bought the Wynn cartridge for our dust collector and installed it, but also make me a downdraft box, a cut off sled for my cutting boards, and piped the dust collection system to my scroll saw. I just wish I could get him in the shop more often. :)

SQ

Good Hubby! But DC for a scroll saw?

Guest Mahoganus

This is a funny thread,, but all this talk about loved ones in the shop scares me. First off I want to say I'm not a safety freak ,,far from it... but a shop is a very dangerous place for loved ones. For instants my one buddy owns a professional hardwood flooring business and a guy walks in the shop and was standing behind the straight ripper and my other buddy was running the machine ,,well a piece of 2x2 leg had a natural check in it and once it hit the blade it harpooned the other guy straight through his stomach out his back. He lived but man was that messed up. Just yesterday I ripping OSB my other buddy was just standing there with his finger up his... when all of a sudden a huge 4" long needle type splinter come jetting of my circular saw and stuck him in the face,,actually had blood coming out once he pulled it out.

So like I always tell every one don't scare me when I'm working (almost knocked out my one friend who thought he was going to be funny) and don't stand in front or behind me when I'm cutting stay off to the side of the direction I'm cutting.

Its cool to have company in the shop but sucks when a loved one gets hurt.

This is a funny thread,, but all this talk about loved ones in the shop scares me. First off I want to say I'm not a safety freak ,,far from it... but a shop is a very dangerous place for loved ones. For instants my one buddy owns a professional hardwood flooring business and a guy walks in the shop and was standing behind the straight ripper and my other buddy was running the machine ,,well a piece of 2x2 leg had a natural check in it and once it hit the blade it harpooned the other guy straight through his stomach out his back. He lived but man was that messed up. Just yesterday I ripping OSB my other buddy was just standing there with his finger up his... when all of a sudden a huge 4" long needle type splinter come jetting of my circular saw and stuck him in the face,,actually had blood coming out once he pulled it out.

So like I always tell every one don't scare me when I'm working (almost knocked out my one friend who thought he was going to be funny) and don't stand in front or behind me when I'm cutting stay off to the side of the direction I'm cutting.

Its cool to have company in the shop but sucks when a loved one gets hurt.

Wow. These kinds of stories are too common. A shop isn't a place to fool around. Things can go sideways really quickly. Hope both fellas have a full recovery.

SQ

• 2 weeks later...