My first WW project, G&G Inspired Mirror Frame

Shannon1066

Here is my first Wood Whisperer project. It is the Greene & Greene inspired Mirror Frame from the guild videos. I really liked Marc's Birdseye maple version and the contrast with the ebony. I was able to get the lumber dimensioned/milled when I took a wood-shop course from the local community college. The rest of the frame was completed in my new basement workshop. A planer and jointer are on the list to obtain but with just buying a new house, I have many spots for "extra" money to slip into. Although I did decide to get a new SS table saw instead of new carpet :D .

post-2594-0-01266400-1341287307_thumb.jp

Shannon P

Thanks Sac. I had a lot of fun and learned a ton building the frame. The TS I purchased is the SawStop 3hp Professional Cabinet Saw. A worker at my local Woodcraft store is a retired electrician. He came over to my home and set my basement up with the necessary power for the saw. There are a great bunch of people working at this store. The franchise owner of the Woodcraft store delivered the saw, hauled it down the basement stairs and set it up for me. It works beautifully!

Wow, thanks everyone! I thought for my next WW project I would try the Wall Hanging Cabinet. I ordered the lumber from Bell Forest. I'm not sure about the wood movement, since I do not have a planer/jointer, but I thought I would give it a try. This woodworking thing sure is FUN! :D

• Like 1