spalted maple and oak box

duckkisser

cool! How did you do the chatter marks (did you use a chattering tool and I'd love to see a pic of it)

Lawrence

DSCN0147.jpgDSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0148.jpg

Chatter tool marks------------------wagner decorating tool-----------------------------home made decorating burr

these are my decorating tool lawrence i made them the one you see in the box was made with a type of decorating elf that i built all it is made of is. a 1/4 shaft bearing, ball bearing, and a brass shaft then i drilled a hole for the ball bearing drop it in glue the brass shaft on top of the ball bearing making shure the ball bearing is still loose and can rotate. drill a deperesion for the shaft bearing and then i glue the shaft bearing at the top to colar so my 1/4 carving burr can spin. i also have this tool but i didnt make it because the price was ok and i could not find a tip like this is. but its nice for doing some different patterns like small diamonds it just cant get into a groves like the carving burr can. http://www.woodturne...-Texturing-Tool

Sweet, DK - enjoyed all your latest posts. Where the heck are you finding the time to roll out such great work????

i put in a couple hours after work everyday, go out and work in the weekends i dont have family or girlfriend so i have the free time. plus the way my classes are set up we have a free planing time after lunch for a hour so i eat in 15 min walk into the shop and do some turning. i make good use of my time.