Armoire for two resident room in senior care facility.

JayWC

After building 5 dressers/hutches for resident rooms and a riser block as a test modification to raise the TV for one of the rooms, I was asked to build an armoire for another room in the facility. It's red oak with Client selected stain and hardware. They wanted solid wood construction (plywood back, side panels and drawer carcasses were the exceptions) and ball bearing drawer slides. They're thinking long term furniture. I only wish they had selected another wood species...I proposed several including butternut. It sounds like they have three more projects up and coming.

I know the photos in place aren't great as I used my phone camera, but I'll replace them when I go back to measure the next project. If you want to see more images, please click on the embedded hyperlinks.

Let me know your thoughts please! Thanks!

post-3726-0-43032300-1349201282_thumb.jp

post-3726-0-12020100-1349201290_thumb.jp

post-3726-0-16218500-1349201294_thumb.jp

post-3726-0-09560900-1349201403_thumb.jp

Great job, Jay. I know those two residents must be happy. Show us more!

Hey TRB - by show us more do you mean photos of this project? If you want to see more, click on the highlighted word "armoire" in my original post. It should take you to my facebook page.

• 2 weeks later...