Wine Rack

texasfl0od

good evening to you all - just before thanksgiving i found a medium sized project to build for my sister ( she has been wanting me to build her something in my shop for quite some time and being that i am a very recent cancer surviver i figured now was a good time) . i then offered to build one for my brother and my mother-in-law as well . one was red oak , one white oak and the last was sasafrass ( great smelling wood) ! i did not design this project - it came from "wood magazine" and was finished with three coats of minwax antique oil finish . the wine rack is roughly 36" tall , 18" wide and 14" deep . these were a nice size for building and everyone is delighted with their new wine racks . thank you all for taking the time to check it out !

post-9139-0-45304400-1357798411_thumb.jp

post-9139-0-10693100-1357798447_thumb.jp

good evening to you all and thank you for all of your kind words . the jointery on these projects was mortise and tenon ( the original plan called for plate jointery (biscut) but i went ahead and used m&t . the finish is different on each - the first pic is verathane gun stock two coats to achieve the correct hue and three coats of minwax antique oil finish . i like that finish because you can determine how much of a sheen you want by the number of finish coats ! thank you again for your time !

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting a project (liquor cabinet, we drink around here) and I'm thinking the color of your first piece would suit mine well, so thanks for the details. I may also copy your cutouts to rest the wine bottles; a much simpler solution than what I had planned for my wine shelf. Should have thought of that myself, but, like I said, we drink around here.