Quilting Cabinet

..Kev

I apologize up front for the different size photos, time to look for a new host I think.

The next project for my wife's quilting room is a small cabinet to store all that little stuff she leaves out on the quilting table I built her last year.

joh2.jpg

So, keeping that build in mind, Maple with a live edge top was the obvious choice.  I had enough material laying about to do the project with the exception of the drawer fronts and figured that was a fair cost for this one. 

Plywood (white birch) carcass and the live edge top.

j0cf.jpg

qkem.jpg

Framed out in Maple.

cgnh.jpg

Clear hemlock for the drawers (is what I had on hand) with dovetails and hard board bottoms.

o61y.jpg

irsw.jpg

Decided the pulls would be Peruvian walnut left over from the kitchen remodel.

lxw8.jpg

Full extension glides and drawer fronts. It's a utility cabinet so these were the obvious choice.

tofn.jpg

Pulls on, ready for finish

8d14.jpg

Finish is General Finishes water based satin.  5 coats sanded with 400 grit between coats.

i2kd.jpg

• Like 1

That's doing it right, finest quality only in the stuff that goes to the Mrs. I still giggle when I see your soundstage walls:-)

I built that building as a recording studio.  There's a lot that went into it and it took me 2 years to build it.

• 2 weeks later...