Hello from Wisconsin

David Monette

Hello all...

Well, I am new to the forum here.  Looking forward to participting in discussions about woodworking, etc.  I live on a 135 acre farm in central Wisconsin.  My wife raises chickens, ducks, geese, quail and peacocks.  We also have 4 horses and 5 cats.  There are many woodworking projects on the farm - I am always building something new, repairing something, etc.  I do have pics of the general stuff I do.  I also keep busi with farm related activities.

Currently my shop is out in the barn where there is no heat.  Just yesterday morning I was working out there and the thermometer read 10 above - inside.  I have a 9 foot wide by 40 foot long "room" that I have devoted to my shop.  I also have to share it with my wife as it is still our feed room for the animals.  I will be retiring within the next year after 38 years in the military, and at that time, I hope to build a new shop that is more fitting for the 21st century.  I would like to enclose a paper that would explain the new shop better than me trying to here.  I have used the format from another woodworking site I like to visit from time to time.  It's called "BenchMark Woodworking".  I have taken many ideas from his site and would like to integrate them into my new place.

My family has been into woodworking for many years.  My Dad was a pipe organ builder until his death on 2000.  My younger brother has taken over the family business.  He also works for another organ company out of Chicago full time, so he has allot more woodworking expierence than I.  I help out from time to time, but there is quite a distance from where he lives to our farm.

Anyway. glad to be here on the forum and look forward to meeting some of you folks.

David

P.S.  I tried to load the word document but was promptly told that I am not allowed to upload that type of document.  Maybe someone can help me with that.

• 2 weeks later...