little rubber feet for cutting boards

I'm making a couple cutting boards as gifts and am thinking about putting little rubber feet on the bottom of them to help protect from moisture, but I really don't know... so, is it a good idea? and if so, any recommendations?  I've looked online at a few things but I am not confident at all in those self adhesive ones, but not sure how else to do it, if at all... 

i cook a lot and do not like cutting boards with feet. i like to use both sides of the board and the feet get in the way. also the feet are hard to clean. they might be ok for a serving board but not for cutting.

yeah me too really, it was just a thought. in the end I'll probably just forego the feet, but I thought I'd ask anyway

I have done it both ways. As someone who likes to cook I always wanted a cutting board that was really thick and large enough to really be able to get some work done. I got into woodworking just making that first cuttingboard.

Since the first one I have pretty much decided that when making a large cuttingboard that is going to be thick that feet are the way to go. The board is not really designed to be moved around a lot, it is meant to sit in one place and be used as a station. If its sitting in one place feet are good for moisture issues as you suggest. Also they add to the overall weighty look of the board if you put back a ways so they are not immediately visible when looking at the board. When making smaller cuttingboards I stay away from feet on the idea that someone might want to use both sides, and it will also likely be stored sideways when not in use. 

When boards start getting thicker then 1.5 inches and larger then 16" long that is when I start putting on feet.

I use black non-skid feet I buy at homedepot in a blister pack of 4. I use either brass or stainless steel screws after drilling a pilot hole. For the brass screw I thread the hole first with a steel screw.