Hello from Eastern Iowa

treeslayer

hello to all, my first post to this great forum after following for about 6 months, many great ideas and projects posted here. i have learned much since i started browsing this forum, i am pleased to see the help given to those new to woodworking as its a great hobby that i have enjoyed for a long time, and i still am learning new things all the time. will try to post a couple of lamps i just completed. 

• Like 1

thanks for the great welcome everyone, the lamps are similar to greene and greene, i have made 6 of them so far, 2 cherry with rosewood inlay, 3 white oak dovetailed on all sides with an inlay of stained glass around the rim of the shade and one white oak with walnut inlay. thanks again for the welcome, i can see it's a great forum to learn many things and share ideas, dave

post-17217-0-14011400-1424208494_thumb.j

post-17217-0-51301400-1424208508_thumb.j

post-17217-0-12964300-1424208534_thumb.j

Thanks for the compliment,Yeah, the shades were the hardest part, a couple of them ended up in the burn pile before I got it right. A friend of mine has been doing stained glass for 30 years and has an awesome selection of glass of all types, I pick one out and he cuts them to the pattern I gave him.

The angle on the shade is 40 degrees, half lapp joints for strength then cut 22 1/2 degree on each side to get to square