claro slabs or black walnut for sculpted rocker?

tcarswell

I'm in a very fortunate spot at the moment. I'm wrapping up a walnut handkerchief table while I wait on my lathe to arrive and save for some auriou rasps so i can start the sculpted rocker  it looks like I can start the rocker build in a few weeks but I'm stuck deciding what material to use for the chair. I have more than enough super clear black walnut.  However I also came upon 19 2 inch thick  surfaced 20 bd ft + each curly and crotch figured claro walnut slabs . Which material would you guys use ? 

The slabs are 70 or so inches long 22 to 24 wide and all but three have large crotch figures on one side . 

Edited by tcarswell

Lol its not that far for a free slab or 5 . I took advice from the thread and put in a camera though it's not pointed at the slabs. My advice get a universal garage door opener ;)

It will be nice to be able to select any grain I want for different parts. Will the crotch figure or curl show through the sculpting ? 

Edited by tcarswell