Sorry to see it go

Gerbah from Boston

I was lucky enough to come across a vintage Delta Unisaw in excellent condition.  In upgrading, I sold my Bosch 4100 contractor saw via craigslist.  I'm now in the evening of the sale and pouring over the craigslist post as I take it down.  I made a lot of mistakes, learned a lot and made some decent furniture on that tool. As much as I know I've upgraded, it's like I've parted with a good friend.  Anybody else know what I'm talking about?

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to come across a vintage Delta Unisaw in excellent condition.  In upgrading, I sold my Bosch 4100 contractor saw via craigslist.  I'm now in the evening of the sale and pouring over the craigslist post as I take it down.  I made a lot of mistakes, learned a lot and made some decent furniture on that tool. As much as I know I've upgraded, it's like I've parted with a good friend.  Anybody else know what I'm talking about?

• Like 1

Definately. My first car was an 86 f 150 jacked up sky high on mudders. Got 6mpg, couldn't pass smog, broke all the time, spent thousands in parts.  I replaced it with a brand new silverado after dealing for 5 years and even though it was an upgrade for sure, I was sad to see moby dick go. 

Edited by Brendon_t

Absolutely.  I just sold a terrible awful pile of grizzly bear to Cliff and it felt amazing to get that thing out of my shop.  But I've done a ton of projects with that jointer and it felt a little bit like selling a kid.  A kid who ended up in prison for doing something terrible.

or a kid that kept you up all night, kicks you, bites you, costs you tons of money... Sorry, it's been a rough day!

yes, I felt that way when I sold my Delta contractors saw.  I upgraded to a PM 66, but kept the contractors saw for almost 10 years because I didn't want to part with it.

The only consolation was I helped a person get into woodworking and he was exceptionally happy to be getting it.