Glue comes off life support

Rex Edgar

I threw this incubator together last season as opposed to dragging the glue into the house each night. Has worked well, uses a 40watt bulb and it went through two bulbs for the season. I added an element of danger by also storing the spray cans of paint in there, all the flammable stuff in one place with the ignition source close by........so far so good.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I have used a bathroom in the middle of my shop with a 100 watt bulb for years, I just keep the door shut on cold nights. I only keep glue and water based finishes in there, flammables aren't as sensitive to cold but we don't get much in the way of sub zero temperatures.

8 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

Do you use a thermostat in there? 

No t-stat, the decorative 40 watt bulb keeps the rear area of the top drawer at about 70 degrees Fahrenheit. There is a small mechanic's thermometer near the lamp. The shop is heated and air-conditioned, just can't see running heat all season for glue. Central VA doesn't get super cold, but enough that glueing up is affected. The spray paint is on the lower drawer and is only slightly warmer than ambient temperature. I do have a timer, but then I have to rely on brain cells that are waning as I write.......