Wounded Veterans free hand tool classes by Rob Cosman

A.D. Nichols

Rob Cosman is giving free Lifetime membership in his online hand tool video classes to wounded/disabled veterans......just go to his website and sign up. There is an ad on the back cover of FWW 2017 Tools, and YouTube videos with more information.

This is really an outstanding offer that allows one to participate at the time and pace the individual chooses.

He is also offering some free in person classes, and has an effort to provide Hand tools to disabled veterans, these are limited of course and will require individual investigation (only know what I've read and that could be wrong) so do your own research into these offers.

Other than being a wounded warrior myself I have no affiliation with Rob or any of his business partners......

From a personal point of view this is much more than many large well funded, so called disabled veteran organizations, have done......

Regards,
Andy
Mos Maiorum

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, A.D. Nichols said:

Thanks guys.....not that young, first war was Desert Storm, then East Africa and finally at around 16 yrs active duty, Iraq...but who considers themselves old?

Regards,
Andy
Mos Maiorum

At 73, soon to be 74, with the freakin aches and pains I have........ I kinda consider myself "physically" old, but a damn site far away from mentally old...  Though there are a few years in the 60's my mind just can't get a handle on!  Maybe someone that was there with me could help me out, but I can't for the life of me, remember who was there either!   Thanks again Andy, we all do the right thing when it's necessary!   By the way, what hand tools are you lacking?

Richard:

"Lacking" is a relative term...however years in different military  medical treatment facilities somehow caused many of my tools to disappear.

Have slowly been restocking, mainly used/old, but like restoring old tools about as much woodworking.

One thing I've avoided due to cost and the feeling that it's not needed, I can do it by hand, is a Tormek.  However my injuries limit my hands and eyes enough that a machine sharping system would be very beneficial and save much time and frustration.  Plus it's clear to me that I need the 10" version so that's even worse....

Have also become enamored with old English woodworking tools, and would love to own a few stuffed planes and one of the old steel stuffed miter planes to use on a shooting board is also a dream....

Back to the real world-- trying to do more and more Hand Tool only type of work and really need to buy a kit to make myself a resaw saw.  Have built some windows by hand and discovered that I don't have the right type of molding apparatuses. 

And of course, who can have enough clamps?

Regards,
Andy
Mos Maiorum