Dumpster dive Project

lildesertwoodshop

So in my hood the bulk Trash runs each month, and the treasures I pull are never ending .Last week tooling down my road saw a Bookcase shelf unit that I promptly grabbed. It looks like Cherry but Im not sure. A few days later saw a pile from a flip that has been going on for the past month that I scored the Glass tile remnants as well as the 18" piece of tile and a bonus of a half full tub of grout. My sister just moved into a new house and needs everything furniture related but really wanted a small table to put between her recliners. She is all about the retro vibe so walla Brady Bunch Retro Table , cost of materials $ 0  Her Hubby providing libations and an afternoon of work in the shop   cost $ a fun day out hanging with the Bro in Law and nephew.

Cherryretrotble1_zps779f7233.jpg

Cherryretrotble2_zps6c3377b9.jpg

Cherryretrotble3_zps5172a225.jpg

Cherryretrotble4_zpsa72112df.jpg 

No pics of the bookcase, we really just used the shelves , as the back was 1/4' ply , the shelves were 8" deep 36" wide 3/4 " thick. For the legs we cut the strips and glued two together to get the 1 1/2" posts / legs , the side walls on the table were as well strips we cut using the 3/4" thickness as well as the table top for the tile more strips glued up, and recessed 1/4" below the surrounding walls to allow for tile . Shellac ( from a spray can) on the wood parts.    Libations consumed , Wisers Canadian Rye & Diet coke , Orange Crush and a pack of red vines for the Nephew