Dust Collection Pipe Suggestions

Jharry

I agree with your question Tom. Your state sounds like IN. Wholesale can be found but you often have to run the "look like a contractor" to get around their questions about an account. You also have to know your specs and price points to not get gouged. An electrical wholesale once asked me double for Romex than Lowe's. Same factory, same wrapper, same run numbers. I let them hear about it and they treated me fairly after that point.

My electrical, plumbing, and specialty "wholesalers" all have four or five price levels, depending on how much dollar volume you do.  I have had one or two try me out on the highest price, but they always at least went down a step just by asking.  Even at those higher priced levels, it was still WAY cheaper than the big box stores.  If I tell them it's for a tax free Foundation that I'm doing work for, so far, they will go all the way to the lowest price, I guess just to be nice guys.

So who collects and pays the State their sales tax?  If the supplier doesn't collect it, does the cabinet maker when he sells to a builder, or a builder when he sells to the buyer, or does your State not collect sales tax on building stuff?    In N.C., everyone pays sales tax on materials when they are purchased, and no one up the chain collects or pays sales tax on house sales.

Only the end user pays sales tax on the final product.

• 6 years later...
49 minutes ago, JesseP said:

I've used 30 Gauge for HD and ran my whole system with it problem free. If you're worried about collapsing the ducting you can always drill a 1.5 hole in the end cap and use aluminum tape as a vacuum break. The tape will rupture before your pipe collapses.

Have you actually tested that relief method? I have a hard time thinking that a DC would have enough static pressure to rupture the tape. A shop vac maybe, but not a DC. I have a 5 HP Oneida that really sucks, but there's no way it would break that tape.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drzaius said:

Have you actually tested that relief method? I have a hard time thinking that a DC would have enough static pressure to rupture the tape. A shop vac maybe, but not a DC. I have a 5 HP Oneida that really sucks, but there's no way it would break that tape.

Agreed it's more likely to crush at the pipe seam.