A quick safety shop tip

Freddie

If you're like me, you probably have a small shop with limited work surfaces. My work bench is small and usually cluttered, and I find myself most times using my table saw top as an extra work surface between cuts. This is a great secondary use, however, small pesky things can have a tendency to fall inside the throat plate of your saw, and cause a dangerous situation later on. Things like pencils, screws and other small hand tools could escape into the saw unnoticed and will remind you the next time you fire up the saw. A safe habit to practice to prevent this is to throw some blue tape over the throat plate openings while you use the saw as a work surface. It may seem silly, but it is a lot better than having something lodged in the saw when you power up. Be safe my friends. :)

post-3732-0-59605900-1406750869_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-96277700-1406750873_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Ok, I just read it. Going home tonite and get the broom and dust pan out and hand them to my wife (I wish).

Violence.....silence....estrangement.....bachelor.....joins the groupies of a rock bank....arrested drunk and disorderly....jailed somewhere in Georgia....never heard of again....lesson.....do your own sweeping, and get rid of cable.