Hello from Boston

Eli

Hi, everybody!

My name's Eli and I'm from Boston, MA. I graduated from the North Bennet Street School last year and I've been working since then. I grew up in Atlanta, GA, so if I sometimes seem extra nice, it's not sarcasm. I've been on these forums a couple of times in the past, but never consistently. I'm usually on the 207 Forum. There's a lot of great information on here. I like a lot of the podcasts, too, though I haven't seen nearly all of them.

I'm trained in American period reproductions, although my personal tastes don't really coincide. I do have a good grasp (hah) on hand skills. I prefer hand tools, because they are quieter, but I also prefer making a living, because it gets me more food. I share a shop with Tom MacDonald, whom some of you probably know or know of. I am the Eli from Rough Cut.

I love to talk about furniture making, so if you're ever in or around Boston, feel free to contact me.

Eli