Top Saver Availability?

CessnaPilotBarry

Empire Top Saver is (was?) my absolute favorite "wipe" for cast iron machines.  I can't find it ANYWHERE lately.  Google doesn't turn up many clues...   Has anyone heard if this stuff is discontinued, maybe the manufacturer has gone under?

Not looking for suggestions for alternate products...

Thanks!

If you don't know what I mean, it's this stuff:

41cTyu3YsSL.jpg

Looks like there might be some here..

http://woodworker.com/fullpres.asp?PARTNUM=132-152&LARGEVIEW=ON

I appreciate the effort, but nobody has the product, including that link.  I've already Googled it to death, over the course of several weeks.   

I'm hoping that someone has some information about if / when it will be available again.  The retailers I've spoken with just know they don't have it, and don't know if they'll ever get it again.      

Edit: the phone is dead. I would still try by mail. IF you like the stuff that much, register the mail. You will know for certain if it cannot be delivered.

Exactly!   I think they've gone belly-up.   Good suggestion on the letter...

I'll probably end up back with one of the 15 other products I've used over the years.   Based on packaging, performance, ease of use, etc...I really liked this stuff!

Just use CRC 3-36   It works great, just like the FWW test said a couple of years ago.    It's an aerosol, but you don't need to do a lot of spraying.  I use the straw, and just depress the button slightly to put a dollup on the machine, and spread it around with a rag.  A little goes a long ways, and lasts a long time.

• 5 years later...

Empire Top Saver is my go to system too.     I have not been able to find it anyplace and some places say "Discontinued"     I saw on one site it said it was made by Milwaukee.     Guess now I'll need to find another product.   Think I've used them all and none come close to Top Saver.     

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2014 at 6:17 PM, Tom King said:

Just use CRC 3-36 

Has anyone tried Corrosion Block from these folks? http://www.blockcorrosion.com/

I used Top Saver, too, but I ran out...

I just found somewhere to buy Top Saver...  Acme Tools

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/empire-mfg-ttl-8b

This is an 8oz bottle, my old one was only 1.5oz, so maybe the price isn't so bad...

Edited by Jake46
New info