Big Ass Lights Finale

Mzdadoc

They recommended 6 in my 24x24 shop to hit 100 foot candles throughout. LED's in general are no bargain yet. You can't compare them value/dollar vs T8's. It's a no brainer T8's win hands down. It's also (although somewhat subjective) fair to say LED's are better lighting than T8's in many ways. I think if the price was the same, almost no one would buy T8's. Rather than looking at how much LED's are, Look at the price difference. That's really how much you are paying for LED's.

Edited by Janello
  • Like 1

So Mzdadoc, I'm looking at these lights on their website they do look very nice, the guideline was "One car garage one light, Two car two light ect." Looks like you went with 7 in a 2 plus or three car garage?  Also list price $400 each?  Seems crazy for 400 bucks you can have 10/ 4 foot 2 bulb T8 fixtures and bulbs, yes I know specs aren't they same about 5700 lumens to 13K and 30,000 hours to the 150,000 they claim.  Power use though T8 runs 64 watts to the 122W for the BA light.  Not to bash your lights or choice just doesn't pencil out for me.  So just wondering I must be looking at the same product "The Garage Light".  I'm trying to set my budget for a shop I'm building so I'm just looking at the options. Thanks Jeff

Not sure if there's a question in there somewhere....  LOL

I was a tech and all but one dealers were dark and a flashlight was a must. I hate shadows and appreciate clean crisp light. Yep $400 and I'm sure since I bought them they will drop in price. Not for everyone's budget but I had the money and no regrets. 

• Like 1

Not sure if there's a question in there somewhere....  LOL

I was a tech and all but one dealers were dark and a flashlight was a must. I hate shadows and appreciate clean crisp light. Yep $400 and I'm sure since I bought them they will drop in price. Not for everyone's budget but I had the money and no regrets. 

Yes there was a question, sorry I was thinking out loud and typing sort of thing.  So what was the square footage of your garage?  I have about 3500SF to light so it will be a combination T8's and LED's. Thanks

• 1 month later...

LED bulbs are the only way to go in a garage shop if you live where there are bugs.  I've also replaced all of my other outdoor lights with LED bulbs just to reduce the number of bugs that come to my doors.  HUGE difference.  I have some of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008XHV9V6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage and some CREEs in the garage now.