AARGH!!! rust on new table saw

Beechwood Chip

Apparently I have the kind of sweat that laughs at paste wax, shoves aside Bostik TopCote, and eats through cast iron. I got a factory new Sawstop contractor saw and lovingly put on a thick coat of TopCote, and then a thick coat of Johnson's paste wax. Unfortunately, I got involved in re-arranging and organizing the shop, installing more tools, dust collection, etc, and only made a few cuts on it.

I just noticed rust pits on the saw. It looks like a couple drops of sweat fell on the saw and ate right through. I know that it won't really affect the saw's performance, but I'm really PO'd.

I guess I need to remember to wipe down every cast iron tool every time I leave the shop, just in case.

Granite tops are beginning to look real good to me.

AAARGH!

Try Naval Jelly to remove it. I had some big sweat spots on mine and that worked very well. Since some of the phosphoric acid dries on the surface, it'll act like some protection, though maybe you'll have to change your diet to change your chemistry :) I had a neighbor who would come over all sweaty, move stuff out of the way to lean on the saw. Could tell him a hundred times but his thick skull was 200 times thick. Glad he moved away.

Try Naval Jelly to remove it. I had some big sweat spots on mine and that worked very well. Since some of the phosphoric acid dries on the surface, it'll act like some protection, though maybe you'll have to change your diet to change your chemistry :) I had a neighbor who would come over all sweaty, move stuff out of the way to lean on the saw. Could tell him a hundred times but his thick skull was 200 times thick. Glad he moved away.

A 2x4 helps get the point through those 200time heads a little quicker!

Nate