Hello from SE MI

Coren

Hey all, my name is Joe and I'm just getting in to wood working.  I've got an empty and unfinished second garage and a desire to start using my hands to make items I can use around the house.  A few months ago I made a new corner desk (picture below) using a 4 x 8 piece of ply wood, some legs from Ikea, a circular saw, jig saw, power sander and a drill and I really enjoyed both the process and knowing that I'm using the desk pretty much every day.  I look around my house and I have a ton of mis-matched furniture assembled from college to present and I'm starting to think making my own would be more enjoyable than just buying replacements.  So here I am.  

I'm here to learn and meet people and further my experience in woodworking.  I plan on asking a lot of questions and hopefully, making some nice wood pieces and becoming part of a community here.  Thank in advance for any advice and help and best wishes to everyone.

corner desk.jpg