My Jet jointer

Mzdadoc

I believe it's been discussed here before but I can't find it. My Jet jointer has the dovetail sliding area for the tables and there's a way to adjust these so they are I think "coplanar". I've been avoiding it because I don't know what to do so any link or advise would be great.

Thanks

What model Jet do you have?  I've had the 8 inch with steel blades for about 9 months and love it.  

I did the Marc jointer co-planer test when i first got it and it wasn't perfect, but pretty close ~4 thousands off a the far front right of the table.  Also following his advice, i did some test boards, and then when no discernible difference was discovered starting using it for projects and haven't seen any issues with the stock.

I'm not sure how far off yours is, but if you just got it, might make sense to try some test boards to see if those tolerances actually have real world implications.

I could be off here, but I thought I read somewhere a properly tuned jointer will taper boards. If you keep running them through it will get worse. I would get 2 boards, joint 2 edges, then see how they line up. I would judge by that rather than taper because the other face goes through a planer and other side a table saw. 

I could be off here, but I thought I read somewhere a properly tuned jointer will taper boards. If you keep running them through it will get worse. I would get 2 boards, joint 2 edges, then see how they line up. I would judge by that rather than taper because the other face goes through a planer and other side a table saw. 

Are you serious? That's possibly normal? I spent longer than I'll admit tapering the hell out of 2x4 trying different feed methods and a lot of swearing trying to figure out why.