Does it get any better?

wtnhighlander

Lol ! I'd gladly commute to so cal to liberate them so they can sit untouched waiting for me to get a lathe and start making the sculpted rocker :) . In all fairness to walnut . I think clean clear walnut might have Bolivian rosewood beat just because of workability.  I can flatten a walnut panel with a plane. Attempting any hand planing with the rosewood is inviting disappointment into my shop.  The rosewood dust is atrocious as well.

Appearance with finish applied (the wow factor)  and smoothness for sanding effort and in my experience overall stability all go to the Bolivian rosewood .

4 hours ago, tcarswell said:

Lol ! I'd gladly commute to so cal to liberate them so they can sit untouched waiting for me to get a lathe and start making the sculpted rocker :)

Well with the recent shop reno, I may just have enough room to "store" those for you.  Although,  don't be surprise if some walnut is already in rocker form when you're ready

Shoot I'm flattered. Yall are welcome anytime. And I'll let ya know if I go down south . 

2 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

JT, there are very few of us here.  Where abouts are you? 

Vin, where does one acquire 3/4" ppl heart dowels?

Bellforestproducts.com has dowels in almost all woods . 

1 hour ago, JosephThomas said:

San Diego, but I'm in the Los Angeles area for holidays and such to visit family a few times a year. You?

I live in ventura county but split work time between my offices in LA/ Beverly Hills.  I'm about 30 minutes north of the city of you want to come up and grab a beer.

San Diego, but I'm in the Los Angeles area for holidays and such to visit family a few times a year. You?

I live in ventura county but split work time between my offices in LA/ Beverly Hills.  I'm about 30 minutes north of the city of you want to come up and grab a beer.

What area? I'm in the santa Clarita area on occasion, the south bay as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk