Pin Oak

Cliff

Looks like a substantial pile of lumber. The branching knotty pattern in the middle of one plank looks pretty neat but I'm pretty sure it is likely to give you grief one way or another.

I don't love red oak but dyed black and top coated  in clear the grain patterns look amazing. Works very well on modern styled pieces. Paint fills tiny pores and reduces the total affect. 

Rustic live edge mantelpieces , live edged benches, massive live edged dinner table ( bookmatch 2 slabs and rip a clean joint between them) lots of options and plenty of time until they are dry enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Looks like a substantial pile of lumber. The branching knotty pattern in the middle of one plank looks pretty neat but I'm pretty sure it is likely to give you grief one way or another.

I don't love red oak but dyed black and top coated  in clear the grain patterns look amazing. Works very well on modern styled pieces. Paint fills tiny pores and reduces the total affect. 

Rustic live edge mantelpieces , live edged benches, massive live edged dinner table ( bookmatch 2 slabs and rip a clean joint between them) lots of options and plenty of time until they are dry enough.

I'm thinking very much along the lines you are there. I definitely don't mind a few knots and my wife just loves them. I figure that if I absolutely have to, I can cut them all out and make small oak boxes for the next 20 years :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...