Which Mag?

Lee Bussy

i like woodsmith guild edition, i used to have shop notes but they combined it to form the new guild edition.  i also like their video edition

I've learned a lot from their mag and PBS show and I find many of their projects challenging yet accessible.

I also have their back issue DVDs for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was looking to add a FWW subscription but I'm a little confused at their different options.  Right now they show 2 options when I click "Subscribe now" on their website.  Option 1 is a print subscription with a "free" digital subscription.  Option 2 is a digital subscription with Online membership.  If I surf around their site looking at some projects they talk about if you have an online membership you can have access to all projects which appears to be a whole different subscription.

So now I'm not sure what exactly I want/need.  Do you guys have any suggestions to that?

4 minutes ago, Mike. said:

i get the paper magazine and have the annual online membership.  I dont have the DVD but might get it.  

Thanks Mike for clearing that up for me.  Everything you said was how I figured it would be, but I wanted to confirm with someone who already had the subscription.

• 4 weeks later...

You  could try the local library as they usually carry several different publishers.  Then you can compare what you like best.  Go to garage sales, estate sales, used book stores (in Az. we have used book stores called Bookman's) they carry different publishers at a very good price for previous issues.  I prefer FWW by Taunton Press.

8 hours ago, Michael Carroll said:

You  could try the local library as they usually carry several different publishers.  Then you can compare what you like best.  Go to garage sales, estate sales, used book stores (in Az. we have used book stores called Bookman's) they carry different publishers at a very good price for previous issues.  I prefer FWW by Taunton Press.

We do have a "Half-Price Books" store.  Problem is with as sprawled out as cities are these days, I could be looking at 30 miles for a library and double to find a specific store.  I'll just have to keep it in mind when we go past one of those areas.  The wife will wonder why I all of a sudden want to go shopping with her. :)