Tips for good woodworking conventions

Hello.

I have wanted to go back to America again (had a trip to Memphis Tenneesse when I was 13 years old now I am 37) And now it may look like I will be able to do it.

But I would like to go when it is a big woodworking convention/mess/happening. To look at all the greate thinks and get som good deals on handtools.

Any tips, date, places anything. Links are excellent.

Have a safe day.

Best regards

Woodworking In America is probably the bestthere is. All of the other ones I've been to are more like industry trade shows with a bunch of salesmen just trying to sell you the next big thing in CNC. Plus there are typically a bench of "Sham-Wow" type vendors as well. WIA is different. It's geared toward serious hobbiest woodworkers, not industrial professionals. Though professionals can get somthing from it too, just don't expect CNC. The seminars are top notch and you get to interact, ask questions, try tools, and simply BS with writers, instructors, tool makers, and other serious woodworkers with similar interests. It's a great conference. Probably the best if you can make it during the end of September-Beginning of October.

WIA 2011