A table for these chairs

Robiwyg

Hi everyone

I'm gonna try and muddle through this description of the project and hopefully someone will be so kind as to point me in the right direction.

I probably went about this all wrong but what the heck. I was doing my normal rounds of the local thrift stores looking for my next project and I happened on these chairs at Goodwill. There are 6 of them 4 side chairs and 2 arm chairs. These are big beefy, solid, sturdy chairs in great condition, I had to have them they were only $5 apiece :rolleyes: $5. So I say to myself, Rob let's build a table to go with these chairs, and I said YEAH Baby, let's do it.

Once I got them home I realized I don't know a lot about designing a table and this could be a challenge due to some of the design elements of the chairs. I think they are Oak (I included a photo of the grain). The arm chairs are bent wood arms (photo) and they are pretty big and heavy so probably a good sized table. I'm thinking arts and crafts, mission style with maybe some custom modern elements like the square holes in the chair backs could be incorporated into the table aprons.

I don't have a great deal of money but I would like to make a nice dining set I could make a small profit from. Perhaps someone here could point me to a plan I could buy for a table that fits my needs

Thanx

Rob

post-2939-0-49729700-1292479632_thumb.jp

post-2939-0-59081500-1292479634_thumb.jp

post-2939-0-65416900-1292479635_thumb.jp