DeWalt DW735 220/240V

Bart

A friend of mine is getting more serious about his wood working, and asked me to sell him any tools I don't need any more. I had been thinking about selling my Makita lunchbox planer and upgrade to the DeWalt DW735, with a view to add a Byrd helical head. However... I need it to be 220V 50Hz. I believe the one they sell in the US is 110V 60Hz only. I can of course convert the voltage, the frequency is a bigger problem. I know I can invest in a frequency converter, but I would prefer the 220V 50Hz planer.

After googling my fingers off, it seems the only country where they sell the DW735 is Australia. Could some of the folks down under recommend a reputable vendor who would ship to the Middle East?

My machine is a CT-330X (13 inch width of cut) and very happy with it. 240 volt 10 amp. Close enough to 3 horse power. 26 cutters with 2 sharp edges per cutter so only one 90 degree rotation if a blade becomes dull or chipped. At present they are $899 Au. They weigh 42 kilo's. No idea on shipping fee. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

@Mark J Thanks Mark for getting back to me. Realized it is an old thread, and its a long shot... Let see if somebody responds. 

You are lucky to be in the US with those tool prices... 600 dollars for the planer in question. 

In Australia they cost the equivalent of 850 USD and then I need to ship 100 lbs worth of machine to the middle east, pay taxes & duties etc... it will end up being around 1500 USD. 

Will have to think about it, and I will take your advice and try to contact Dewalt or one of the bigger distributors in the UAE maybe they can get a 220V / 50 Hz model in for me. 

Best regards